Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Jezebel Jezebel is offline

Default Very difficult issue for me...

You're creating a table that's too complex for Word to deal with
comfortably.

What are you actually trying to achieve with this zany layout? Not a table,
obviously, because you can't put any text in a 4 point row.

"zebro" wrote in message
I have 20 rows in a table with 3 columns set exactly at a height of 4
points.

I merge 4 rows in the first column 5 times to create Five rows, each the
same size as the four original rows. Everything is okay. I merge 5 rows
in
the 2nd column 4 times to create 4 rows, each the same size as the five
original rows and everything stays okay. When I go to merge any number of
rows in the third column, it causes my entire table to increase in size
3-10
pixels, throwing off the document layout--

I've tried this on several computers with the same result to rule out a
bad
Office install, or changed settings.

What's going on? Is there something I'm doing wrong? Any help would be
greatly appreciated.