Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Brie Brie is offline

Default change paper size

Will look the .word.vba groups. to adjust the code - as you suggest Robert!
Afterall, I need to have some exercise for my brain.
Thanks a lot.

Brie

"Robert M. Franz (RMF)" wrote:

Hello Brie

Brie wrote:
how to change the size of the paper of a group of word documents? say from
A4 to legal.

I have around 200 files and don't want to open them one by one.

well, somebody or something has to open them, one by one. [Unless they
are in XML and you write code to run through that -- would probably work
faster, if you have the right devs at hand ... :-)]

Yes, code can do it for you. An example of a VBA routine that opens all
files in a given folder and "does something" (he a Replace run) can
be found he

http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MacrosVBA/BatchFR.htm

If you can adjust this code to your needs or have somebody ready with
the right experience, it's faster. Otherwise, try one of the .word.vba
groups. Your code probably needs to loop through the sections collection
and adjust the page size in all of them.

0.2cents
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MSFT |