Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CWhit

Default The insert command has stopped working in all my Office produc

I think "file" is a choice only in Word; in Publisher there is a "text file"
option. But the problem is this in detail: I discovered the problem in
Publisher -- a program I use for multiple purposes, including a 30 page web
site. I use it every day. I was creating an ad for a client and clicked on
"insert picture from file." I got an hourglass and a non-responsive program
message. This happened several times: I was never even able to access the
picture I was seeking to insert. So I went to Word to see if I could use it
to create the ad. Same result. Then I tried clicking on "insert file" in
Word, and I got the My Documents folders, but when I clicked on a file,
nothing happened and the same non-responsive program message appears. I have
been using Word since 1986 and Publisher since 2000, and nothing like this
has ever happened. I have rebooted, and tried all three of the suggested
fixes. Next step is calling a tech if you can't help. And thanks so much
for trying!

"Carol" wrote:

EESH!!! I AM being obtuse! Of course I have file as a choice! But I still
need to know exactly what happens when you try to insert a file or a picture.
Please post back and let me know. Thanks!
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

"Carol" wrote:

Ok Whit, I have read and re-read your post and I have gone back and looked at
Word, PowerPoint and Publisher and I don't have I don't have "file" as a
choice under insert, nor was I able to customize my menu to include File.
It's the end of the day and perhaps I'm just being obtuse. What exactly
happens when you click on Insert | Picture | From file?
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

"CWhit" wrote:

I find that the insert command works with everything but insert "file" and
insert "picture from file" -- all other insert commands work. So it is
"file" that is the problem. Does this make sense?

"Carol" wrote:

See: http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...oreMenuCmd.htm
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

"CWhit" wrote:

The insert command has stopped working in all my Office products. I cannot
insert a file, picture or new page in my document, and the Program is Not
Repsonding message appears. I have to exit the program and lose my
information. This has happened continuously today and I have checked
Publisher, Word and PowerPoint; the same problem occurs in each of these. I
have done both cold and warm reboots with no success. I use these products
for my business daily -- all day -- Help.