Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carol

Default The insert command has stopped working in all my Office produc

Control Panel | Add / Remove Programs - make sure you click show updates.
Look for the hotfixes. Sorry I wasn't more helpful to you! Thanks to you
Suzanne!
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

"CWhit" wrote:

I do recall seeing an automatic update to Windows earlier today. There were
6 items being downloaded, but none were specified. I've gone to IE help to
look for security updates, but I'm not sure I'm looking in the right place.
How do I find the update so I can disable it?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

It's possible that this is yet another manifestation of the problems caused
by a recent security update to Windows/IE. If you have installed the
KB908531 patch, try uninstalling it.

"CWhit" wrote in message
The insert command has stopped working in all my Office products. I

cannot
insert a file, picture or new page in my document, and the Program is Not
Repsonding message appears. I have to exit the program and lose my
information. This has happened continuously today and I have checked
Publisher, Word and PowerPoint; the same problem occurs in each of these.

have done both cold and warm reboots with no success. I use these

products
for my business daily -- all day -- Help.