Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
DeanH DeanH is offline

Default page numbering

Do you mean you are using Footnotes to do the page numbering?
I do hope you mean you are using Footers!
As you have sections, you can unlink the sections from each other so you can
edit one footer without change the others, see
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting...onscontent.htm
You can also have the same effect is you use Different First page settings
for the sections, this can be found under Page Setup.
Hope this helps
DeanH

"Alain" wrote:

Dear all,

I need to create page numbers in the second and third sections of a
three-section file. Since I use footnotes (rather than insert-page numbers),
it seems to be impossible to align page numbers on the outsides (like in a
book). Secondly, no matter how I try, I cannot erase page numbers from the
first section, without also erasing them from the other two.

thanks in advance!

kind regards,

Alain