TF

Bobby

Yes. Copy it to the HDD of another PC and then remove the Read Only
attribute through Windows Explorer.

But as the others have said - always save to your HDD first and then burn to
CD. Writing direct to CD using packet writing is just about guaranteed to
break a Word document and it will always have a Read Only attribute.

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

"Bobby Head" wrote in message
: Okay, I got it to work Thank you! If I try to use this in another PC will
: be able to open it and make changes?
:
: "Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:
:
: And copy back to the HD before trying to open it. A file copied from a
CD
: will always be read-only. You have to change this property in Windows
: Explorer.
:
: --
: Suzanne S. Barnhill
: Microsoft MVP (Word)
: Words into Type
: Fairhope, Alabama USA
: Word MVP FAQ site: http://word.mvps.org
: Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the
newsgroup so
: all may benefit.
:
: "Chuck Davis" wrote in message