Kathy MacAthur

Default Word/Access source links

Hi wondering if someone can help?

When I do a merge with MS Access and MS Word. A link (maybe source is a
better word) is set up between the two. Is there a way to remove or make
that link disappear after it is closed. (The Word merge is completed.)

This may sound odd but when we open our merge word template without opening
the Access DB it still opens the Word document and links to the last
document printed. How do we get rid of this link? I remember before when I
opened a merge word template - word would ask me for the data source or say
it couldn't find the data source. This I think what we want. Any help or
direction would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Kathy