Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP on news.microsoft.com Doug Robbins - Word MVP on news.microsoft.com is offline

Default anchor line while merging

You could put the address mergefields inside a one cell table for which you
fix the dimensions of the cell.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"BotR" wrote in message
I'm doing a mail merge with a form letter. I have 5 fields in the data
for
the address. Not all the fields are used all the time. Sometimes the
address is only 3 lines long, sometimes 5. After I merge the data to the
form letter, the first paragraph after the merge fields starts on a
different
line depending on long the address was.

My question, is there a way to anchor the start of a line so it doesn't
move. Just like anchoring a picture or text box. And no, I don't want to
use a text box for my letter. Or do I have to use "IF" field = blank,
"Enter"

Thanks