Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Default one name many DetentionsÂ*

Hi roshak31,

You can use Word's Catalogue/Directory Mailmerge facility for this (the terminolgy depends on the Word version). To see how, check
out my Word 97-2007 Catalogue/Directory Mailmerge Tutorial at:
http://www.wopr.com/index.php?showtopic=731107
or
http://www.gmayor.com/Zips/Catalogue%20Mailmerge.zip
Do read the tutorial before trying to use the mailmerge document included with it.

--
Cheers
macropod

"roshak31" wrote in message ...
We have an excel spreadsheet for detentions . We would like to export them
into word with out having to repeat the students name currently the fields are

Student Name Date of incident Incident Consequence
Doe, Jane 1/26/2009 Swearing Detention
Doe, Jane 1/28/2009 Inappropriate dress Detention
Doe, Jane 2/5/2009 3 unexcused late
Detention

example:

Parents of Student Name

Your child has recieve the following detentions

Date of incident Incident Consequence
Date of incident Incident Consequence
Date of incident Incident Consequence
I would like it to display 1 incedent or 20

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks,

--
Mark Roshak