Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor

Default Mail Merge date appears in French

Add a charformat switch to the field - and personally I would have used a
CreateDate field - then select the field and tools languague set
language to English. The field will thus use whatever proofing language is
applied.
{TIME \@ "dd MMMM yyyy" \*Charformat }

Mike Abel wrote:
I have created a some mail merge fields in a letter with one being a
date field. I've used { TIME \@ "dd MMMM yyyy" } to source the date
information however whilst the day and the year are returned in
number format as requested, the month text is in French instead of
English.

French is not a language specified anywhere on the system, I've
checked all the language options that i know of....
in Word - Tools - Languages
in Microsoft Office Tools from the start menu
Control Panel - Regional Settings.

Any help would be greatfully appreciated.
Regards
Mike Abel