Michael Krause

Thanks for the reply, and the script. So the simple answer is that Microsoft
didn't set the field names to match between Microsoft Word and Outlook, thus
explaining the discrepency requiring manual intervention.

"Peter Jamieson" wrote in message
The only way I have found to do this is to fix the field name in the Word
document that Outlook exports when you initiate your merge from Oulook
(assuming that's what you're doing. I wrote the following code a while ago
and you would probably have to create a toolbar button and run it manually
once Outlook has opened the merge main document.

For more background info you might be able to follow this link or search
in Google groups for, e.g. jamieson vba zip map fields scripting