Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Paul Paul is offline

Default Modifying styles or creating new ones in Word 2007

Hmmm well they weren't available in a pre-existing document, but when I
clicked on a new document (based on normal.dot obviuosly) both were
available--my new style and a modified, default style. I guess new styles
don't show up in old docs? that's funny but at least for future docs I'll
have this
--
Paul
Office 2007

"grammatim" wrote in message
By "didn't last," do you mean, not even in the document you created
them in? (That's weird.)

If they don't move to your template so they're available next time,
then you need to check the box about Adding to Template or Making
Default in the Modify panel.

On Feb 20, 9:47 pm, Paul wrote:
Did that. And when I created a new style, it didn't last. I wasn't able to
find it in any of the lists of styles at all....
--
Paul

MS Office 2007
XP Home SP3
Dell Inspiron 1501

"grammatim" wrote:
Ignore all the Word2007 nonsense ("Style Galleries" and "Building
Blocks" and all that) and do it just like in Word2003 -- the tiny
arrow at the bottom right of the Home Styles block gives you the old
familiar Styles & Formatting panel. The New Style button is at its
bottom left.

On Feb 20, 2:58 pm, Paul wrote:
Having a tough time with styles. I have tried creating new ones, only
to find
that they are not in Word's list of styles--when I click on Manage
Styles
button, or from the ribbon. I gave up on that, and tried modifying a
current
style, only to find that Word will not save the changes I've made to
one of
the default styles.

Can someone link me to a page letting me know how to do one of these
two
simple tasks (they were simple in Office 2003)--and be able to do it
again,
after I close out Word?
--
Paul