Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Paul Paul is offline

Default Modifying styles or creating new ones in Word 2007

No I take that back. All my previous docs have already been properly
formatted. No need to go back and edit quotations in them, I suppose.

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
Styles added to a template since you created the document are not added to
the document unless you re-attach the template to the document (from the
developer tab).

Paul wrote:
Hmmm well they weren't available in a pre-existing document, but when
I clicked on a new document (based on normal.dot obviuosly) both were
available--my new style and a modified, default style. I guess new
styles don't show up in old docs? that's funny but at least for
future docs I'll have this

On Feb 20, 9:47 pm, Paul wrote:
Did that. And when I created a new style, it didn't last. I wasn't
able to find it in any of the lists of styles at all....
--
Paul

MS Office 2007
XP Home SP3
Dell Inspiron 1501

"grammatim" wrote:
Ignore all the Word2007 nonsense ("Style Galleries" and "Building
Blocks" and all that) and do it just like in Word2003 -- the tiny
arrow at the bottom right of the Home Styles block gives you the
old familiar Styles & Formatting panel. The New Style button is at
its bottom left.

On Feb 20, 2:58 pm, Paul wrote:
Having a tough time with styles. I have tried creating new ones,
only to find
that they are not in Word's list of styles--when I click on Manage
Styles
button, or from the ribbon. I gave up on that, and tried modifying
a current
style, only to find that Word will not save the changes I've made
to one of
the default styles.

Can someone link me to a page letting me know how to do one of
these two
simple tasks (they were simple in Office 2003)--and be able to do
it again,
after I close out Word?
--
Paul