Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
magicdds magicdds is offline

Default Change carriage return to a line feed

I have data being merged to my word document from propietary software, that I
can't change. The data comes over like this:

Mergefield1 = Response1 CR Response2 CR Response3
Mergefield2 = Response4 CR Response5 CR Response6

As such, when the responses print in my document, I can't get a hanging
indent to work. Each response gets printed at the left margin.

If I change the CR (carriage return) to LF (line feed) everything prints
properly.

Is there a way (other than manually) to get the data, when being merged, to
change the Carriage returns to line feeds?

Thanks,
Mark