Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Martin Jones[_2_] Martin Jones[_2_] is offline

Default Mail merge - using multiple field switches

Hi

I have successfully created a mail merge letter that includes the following
field:

{ MERGEFIELD "Bonus" \b "in recognition of your peformance in 2006, you will
receive a bonus payment of £" \f". " } where "Bonus" is the datafield in
my Excel database.

Can anybody tell me how to also incorporate a switch to format the bonus
value that is picked up from the Excel database that feeds the merge? At
present, amounts like £37.50 are merging as "£37.5", without the zero in the
50. I could use a Word Find/Replace to change ".5." to ".50", but I would
like to automate it during the merge itself if at all possible

I think I know which switch to include - had planned on using this one: \#
##,###.## - but I don't know where I should include it in the above and
whether it should be immediately adjacent to the other characters or
separated by a space! If that switch/type of switch is wrong, please let me
know! None of the webpages I have looked at indicate how to combine multiple
field switches.

many thanks in advance

kind regards
Martin

PS: Thanks to Peter Jamieson for his previous help!