Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Peter Jamieson

Default Only 1 page of labels appear

But, I have found that once I
complete the merge, the only way I can see all the pages is if I click
on "edit individual letters" or "edit individual labels" depending on
which type of merge it is.

I think there is some confusion here. Until you have either gone into "Edit
individual letters", "Edit individual labels", or "Print..." then you have
not "completed the merge". I think the confusion arises because you click on
a link that says "Next: Complete the merge", so once you have clicked that,
it's not unreasonable to assume that you have completed the merge. However,
the text of each of those "Next" links in the Task Pane actually describes
what the next pane is going to let you do, not what is going to happen
immediately as a result of clicking the link. If you see what I mean...

But maybe you meant something else anyway.

Peter Jamieson

wrote in message
oups.com...
I've had the same issue as the OP with Word mail merges. I use Win XP,
Word 2003, with Access 2003 as my data source. I have no trouble
previewing all the expected results, using the navigational buttons in
the upper part of the task pane. But, I have found that once I
complete the merge, the only way I can see all the pages is if I click
on "edit individual letters" or "edit individual labels" depending on
which type of merge it is.

If I use the "Print" link in task pane of the completed merge view, it
only prints a single page of labels or a single merged letter. Once I
click to edit individual items, I'm fine, and can print from there just
as I can in any Word document. But I know this is an extra step that
should not be required.

I know that the OP redid their merge and had success, but I can't get
that to happen. I've tried this many different times on different
computers in different offices. I've read the help screens at the
"gmayor" link above, but it does not answer my needs, as I truly AM
completing my merges.

I'd really appreciate any feedback on this. Thanks for any/all