Graham Mayor

What result do you get when you use the conditional field?
It works here as shown.
I take it you inserted the fields manually with CTRL+F9 and that you have
the round brackets quotes and spaces as shown.

jonh wrote:
Hello,

Did you get anywhere with the .0 problem? I have tried Graham's
script but no joy. The strange thing is that it merges fine on other
PCs, but not this one.

jonh

"Linda - Xtremly Peeved" wrote:

These are very helpful in nutting out a few other nightmares with XP
(fun fun fun) but I am unable to find anything on getting the date
to come up in the right format in Word after the merge or why the .0
is appearing. Very AAggghhhhhhh

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

See http://www.gmayor.com/formatting_word_fields.htm and/or the
Excel data section of

Linda - Xtremly Peeved wrote:
We have recently swapped over to Windows XP and I am now having a
problem with merging to Word. I need to insert a pre-determined
date which is entered in excel as a dd/mm/yy (ie 03/03/05) raw
data set to dddd, dd mmm yyyy (ie Thursday, 03 March 2005) format
in Excel to keep this format in Word. In our old version this
would merge over automatically keeping the day month etc typed out
but now with XP this formatting is being lost (showing as ie
03/03/05 12:00AM). The formatting refers to the actual text
rather than just the font style.

Also numbers are having .0 added to the end after the merge. (ie
75 in excel (cell format etc set to numbers with 0 decimal) is
being merged to Word as 75.0)
Any suggestions???