Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Anne Troy[_2_] Anne Troy[_2_] is offline

Default Text Box in Form

1. Textboxes are *really* intended for use with userforms and not on the
document itself. Try using fill-in forms instead (link below).
2. Turn OFF design view. To do this, you must first be viewing the Control
Toolbox. Click the top-left (I think!) button to turn OFF design view. Then
you can close that toolbar again, save the file.

http://www.officearticles.com/tutori...osoft_word.htm
****************************
Hope it helps!
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com
****************************
"Nanette" wrote in message
I've created a form and have several text boxes.

I also opened a premade FAX form to compare. When I click on a content
control (text box) in the FAX it highlights without an additional box
around
it with handles to grab for size changing.

When I created my text boxes in my form, no matter how I open the
document,
I always get the dashed box with handles to grab so you can resize it.

How do I make those go away?

I tried protection, but it only allowed me to fill in other types of
content
controls, the text box content controls were not accessible.