Make sure you're not using "Draft font" in Normal view.

"DSL-Dave" wrote in message
I am using Word 97 under Win98se, and I just had a problem where I can no
longer change fonts, font sizes or bold/italic/underline.
I initially received an error message that normal.dot was corrupt, and

Word
could not repair it.
I renamed normal.dot to normal-1.dot, but that didn't help.
I tried changing the default font to Tahoma and saving it to the template,
but that didn't work either.
I tried searching for the original normal.dot template on my install disk,
but couldn't find it.
I tried searching the Knowledge Base, but couldn't find a solution there,
either!
Can someone help me restore Word (without having to re-install!)?

Thanks,

--------
Dave