TF

Rename normal-1.dot to normal.bad or normal.old. It is the .dot extension
that you need to remove to stop Word from seeing the template.

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

"DSL-Dave" wrote in message
:I am using Word 97 under Win98se, and I just had a problem where I can no
: longer change fonts, font sizes or bold/italic/underline.
: I initially received an error message that normal.dot was corrupt, and
Word
: could not repair it.
: I renamed normal.dot to normal-1.dot, but that didn't help.
: I tried changing the default font to Tahoma and saving it to the template,
: but that didn't work either.
: I tried searching for the original normal.dot template on my install disk,
: but couldn't find it.
: I tried searching the Knowledge Base, but couldn't find a solution there,
: either!
: Can someone help me restore Word (without having to re-install!)?
:
: Thanks,
:
: Dave