I would guess that your Marlett font is either missing or damaged. Try
reinstalling from the Windows CD.

"Clara" wrote in message
This is some of my problem, too! One day the pc was fine ... the next day
when booting up, the fonts were all different in a small italic font. The
desktop and everywhere were affected ... the boxes in front of all things
that you click on are gone (in email and everywhere) ; the click buttons

for
'close', 'maximize', and 'minimize' in the upper right hand corner have

'p',
'2'or '1', and '0' respectively on the top of these buttons; and down on

any
page that has blocks that contain choices, the number '6' is sitting on

the
right hand corner of the tool bars!
First, somewhere I set something at 'large'. It said I had a handicap, but
at least I could read the text. Another day, I somehow by accident

changed
the size of the icons in the bottom toolbar tray ... the fonts are

humongous!
Today, I figured I had to remove Microsoft Works Suite 2001 (Microsoft

Works
6.0 and Microsoft Word 2000 SR-1) and re-install it. Well, I still got the
same mess. Someone told me to reset my display settings to 800x480.
Unfortunately, it was already set at those pixels.
Now, if anyone knows what my problem is (besides having several screws
loose), you have to guide me step by step in very basic terms. I have no

idea
about a nat-ural view and a draft font, but I sure would like to see my

ole
computer back to looking normal again. I have Windows Me with Word 2000.
--
cms

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Make sure you're not using "Draft font" in Normal view.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"DSL-Dave" wrote in message
I am using Word 97 under Win98se, and I just had a problem where I can

no
longer change fonts, font sizes or bold/italic/underline.
I initially received an error message that normal.dot was corrupt, and

Word
could not repair it.
I renamed normal.dot to normal-1.dot, but that didn't help.
I tried changing the default font to Tahoma and saving it to the

template,
but that didn't work either.
I tried searching for the original normal.dot template on my install

disk,
but couldn't find it.
I tried searching the Knowledge Base, but couldn't find a solution

there,
either!
Can someone help me restore Word (without having to re-install!)?

Thanks,

--------
Dave