Jay Freedman

Jack Fusion wrote:
I have a template document I would like to load ever word starts how
would I do that?

I create the document in word. when some saves I want to where they
have to put in a new file name to save it.

Hi Jack,

I think you have some serious misconceptions about how Word uses templates
vs. documents. Please read
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...platePart1.htm.

One key point is that you should *not* modify a template and then save it as
a document. You use File New to create a new document *based on* the
template -- the template itself remains unchanged.

Another point is that automatically making a document based on the same
template every time Word opens is a bad idea. Word is a general-purpose word
processor, and you need the ability to make documents based on various
templates. If there's one template you use very often, you can make a
special desktop shortcut icon by right-clicking the template in Explorer,
dragging it to the desktop, and selecting "Create shortcut" from the popup
menu. That icon will start Word with a new document based on the template,
while the regular Word shortcut will still launch Word with a blank
document.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman