Al

I grant that describing questions is sometimes not so easy to convey the
problem, however please read what I've written more carefully please. If I
select a "centre vertically" alignment in a cell, then I would expect the
text to be centred vertically in the cell. Simple! As it is at the moment it
becomes vertically centred only in that part of the cell that remains above
the break.
(It's only 1 cell after all, so why not have the vertical centre-ing at the
"half-way height?")
Let's put some "numbers" by way of example, and to try to avoid further
confusion. Say my row is 10 cm deep resulting from the content in column "A":
if by breaking the row across the page, if I then get 4 cm above the break
and 6 cm below, then "centre vertically" in a cell in column "B" places the
single word that I have in this cell at the 2cm level above the break,
whereas the centre of the cell is actually half of ten, i.e. 5 cm, and
therefore it should be 1cm below the break!)

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

Hi ?B?QWw=?=,

If I allow a row to break across a page, then the alignment of cells results
in an alignment as if the row were in fact two rows.

I have the following in a table: cells with large paragraphs of text, then
the next column is a "yes" or "no" answer. Restricting the row in breaking
across pages, then my "answer" is correctly aligned vertically in the middle
of the cell; permitting the row to break has the answer aligned in that part
of the cell above the page break.

Where would you expect it to be? Word won't break across the middle of the
letters...

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org