Robert M. Franz

Hello Jann

Jann wrote:
Thank you. What is the difference beetween a "tab" and
and "indent"? to me, the Tab is the key you press to
create an indent. So why would the Smart Tag think I'm
doing two opposite things when, to me, they are one and
the same?

To observe what the standard behaviour is for pressing the TAB
character, imagine what happens in (or open up) Notepad when you press
that button. If you do so at the beginning of a line, why yes, that
*looks* like an indent, but in effect, there's a tab-character inserted
which makes the cursor jump to the next default tab position. You see
that easily if you press TAB after having written a couple of words.

Greetings
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MS