Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Jezebel Jezebel is offline

Default Exporting Styles

The styles are contained in the template or document in which you defined
them. Copy that file to your home PC. If the styles are in a template (they
should be!) they will be inherited by any document based on it. And you can
use the Organiser to copy styles from one document or template to another.

"
wrote in message ...
Creating numbering and a fully functional Table of Contents were
eloquently
explained by Microsoft MVP's John McGhie and Shauna Kelly.

Following their suggestions, I spent a few hours to modify styles and
format
bullets & numbering the way I needed. Now I'd like to have the same
formatting and styles available on my PC at home.

Does anyone know how to export the styles (Heading 1 through Heading 9)
from
one computer to another?

I run Word 2003 at work and at home. Both systems are IBM type pc's
running
Windows XP Professional. Thank you.