Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Big Mac Big Mac is offline

Default Excel Date and Time not merging correctly to word

Right click on the field in word and Edit the field code to look something
like
{ "MERGEFIELD "YourDateFieldName" \@"dd,MM,yyyy"} be careful to use caps
where necessary

--
Hope this helps :-)

"Heather Fabries" wrote:

I am using an excel spreadsheet to merge date and time to a Word letter. The
date format is set up in excel as Thursday, December 20, 2007 and the time as
7:15 AM. I did this through 'Format Cells". However, when I pull it over to
Word through the mail merge, it is showing the date that is seen in the
format bar - 12/19/2007 and the time 7:15:00 AM. How do I get it to pull
over the value in the cell and not what is in the formula bar?

I tried this in both Excel and Word 2003 and 2007.

Thank you.
Heather Fabries