Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Excel Date and Time not merging correctly to word

Word imports the raw data. You have to use a formatting switch to format it
as required.

In the case of the date
{Mergefield Datefieldname \@ "dddd, MMMM d, yyyy" }

in the case of the time
{Mergefield TimeFieldName \@ "hh:mm AM/PM" }

Press ALT+F9 to toggle the display and add the switches to the fields.

See http://www.gmayor.com/formatting_word_fields.htm

Heather Fabries wrote:
I am using an excel spreadsheet to merge date and time to a Word
letter. The date format is set up in excel as Thursday, December 20,
2007 and the time as 7:15 AM. I did this through 'Format Cells".
However, when I pull it over to Word through the mail merge, it is
showing the date that is seen in the format bar - 12/19/2007 and the
time 7:15:00 AM. How do I get it to pull over the value in the cell
and not what is in the formula bar?

I tried this in both Excel and Word 2003 and 2007.

Thank you.
Heather Fabries