Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
[email protected] LadyDungeness@Fish.Net is offline

Default Headers locked out

Getting back on this issue
I've fiddled with it for a while now;
I can get my headers to work normally if I gfo into the Template. I do not see a page number in the header until I
delete and delete -- then the page number shows up, inside a little box. I delete that. Save the template. After that, I
can access my headers normally.

Maybe the invisible/visible page number is a remnant from inserting documents downloaded on the web?

I guess it's "fixed". Thanks for the ideas.

Lady Dungeness
Out of Danger until September

On Tue, 27 May 2008 15:11:31 -0500, "Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

I've found that in Word 2003, if you delete the page number (which is in a
frame), the frame (not text box) is deleted as well. What you're
experiencing in Word 2002 is probably the issue I discuss in
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...lyIndented.htm, where the
page number is deleted but the frame remains.

But you should be able to click outside the frame and enter text, and you
should be able to access the header via View | Header and Footer.