Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
shikaku[_4_] shikaku[_4_] is offline

Default Find and replace formatting

'Herb Tyson [MVP Wrote:
;3001031']If the user insists upon using the full dialog rather than the
much simpler
shortcut keys, then they need to set Underline style: (in the Find Fond

dialog) to (none) to achieve the "No underline" setting for the Replace
with
textbox.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
...-
I also am using Word 2003. For what I describe, it is not necessary to

expand the dialog and use the Format button. Like Terry, I have to
wonder
if you took on board that you have to press Ctrl+U *twice* to get "No
underline."

"shikaku"
wrote in message
...-

Suzanne S. Barnhill;3000408 Wrote:-
In the "Find what" box, press Ctrl+U; you will see the words "Format:
Underline" under the box.

In the "Replace with" box, press Ctrl+U twice, then Ctrl+I; you will
see
"Format: Font: Italic, No underline."

Replace All.

"shikaku"
wrote in message
...-

Is there a way to run a find and replace command on a type of
formatting
rather than a word string? I need to change all underlines in a 100
page document to italics--and there are hundreds of them!

Thanks,
s.

--
shikaku
-I should have specified that I'm using Word 2003. I did figure out

s.

--
shikaku
-

-

I finally got it!! Thanks to all of you.

s.

--
shikaku