Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs

Default How to stop Word inserting auto dates

Press Alt+F9 to display the DATE field code. Change it to CREATEDATE. Alt+F9
to toggle back and F9 to update. Make this change in the template to prevent
the problem in new invoices.

http://word.mvps.org

"benny62" wrote in message

I use an invoice template in word. Every time I access saved invoices,
word automatically inserts todays date in the document I am looking at.
I want it to show the date that I originally saved. How do I stop word
auto inserting todays date ??

--
benny62