Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs

Default How to stop Word inserting auto dates

Since you are making business records, you're better off using static text
instead of updatable fields. It's a shame that Word doesn't offer the ability
to automatically enter today's date in static text via a field, especially
since you can choose to to do that via the menus.

But there's hope, if you are using W2007: replacing the field code in the
template with the date picker content control could solve the problem and
offer more flexibility in the date choice--at least for situations where all
users of the template have W2007 or the compatibility pack.

HTH,
Pam

benny62 wrote:
I use an invoice template in word. Every time I access saved invoices,
word automatically inserts todays date in the document I am looking at.
I want it to show the date that I originally saved. How do I stop word
auto inserting todays date ??