Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs

Default How to stop Word inserting auto dates

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
Then what would be the point of a field?

Accuracy, standardized format, speed, productivity--all answer that question
for me. But, guys, hey, I concede. The create date field just may be a
better choice than the date field--though this former records manager
wouldn't use it.

I did. And I've read many other similar suggestions. What happens to the
create date if you rename the file, or make a copy? Such information in

[quoted text clipped - 12 lines]
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac