Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Rutabaga Rutabaga is offline

Default Page border help

Howdy,

My problem may be the same as others' in here. I had a light gray border
going down the entire length of my Word doc, but when I tried to get to the
Page Border tab in Borders and Shading, I was always confronted with the
message "the measurement must be between 1 pt and 31 pt". The only choice I
had was to close the Borders and Shading box without making any changes.

I was able to access the Page Border tab by choosing Format Reveal
Formatting, expanding the Section formatting, then clicking Borders.
HOWEVER...

When I selected None in the Borders and Shading window, I still got the
"measurement must be between 1 and 31" message. To resolve this, I went to
the Art pulldown list and selected the apples to apply to the whole document,
then pressed OK. This gave me a border of apples around the whole doc, but I
was then able to re-open the Borders and Shading window and choose None
without any error messages.

"Chris dP" wrote:

Hi Dave, I have the same problem. Did you get a response? Thanks Chris

"David Henschel" wrote:

Hi Jay, I am having the same error, however the error occurs when you try to get into the 'page borders' tab, and Word won't let me enter the tab to change the settings. Any idea on how to get around this? Thanks, Dave