Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Muggy Muggy is offline

Default Indexed Text in Table Causes Page Number Error

I have a document that contains one table that spans fifteen pages. Rows are
allowed to break across pages, since we would otherwise end up with large
amounts of white space on the pages.

Some text in this table is marked for the Index. However, when I generate
the Index, the entries themselves show up, but the wrong page number is
attributed to some of them.

If a row begins on page one, and spans to page two, all text within that row
that is marked for the Index, whether it appears on page one or page two, is
listed in the Index as being on page one. If a row spans pages five and six,
all Index entries within the row show as page five. I hope I explained that
clearly.

Oddly, the page numbers in the Table of Contents generate correctly; rows
that span pages don't seem to cause a problem.

Any ideas how I can get this Index to behave correctly? I'm using Word 2002
SP3.