Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
sisdog sisdog is offline

Default Database Field Code Clobbers Caption

I've got a {DATABASE} field code in my word 2007 doc and everything is
working well. When I hit F9 and update the field, any new data from
my database comes right in.

And I also figured out how to win the formatting battle. I added the
"\* MergeFormat" switch in the field code and now my table formatting
is maintained during a refresh.

My only problem is the table's caption. After creating the table I
highlighted it and right-clicked to choose the Insert Caption option.
After adding the caption is look great sitting underneath the table.
But when I Update the Field, the caption vanishes every time. Word is
definitely behaving as if the caption is part of the {DATABASE} field
code yet when I show the field code I don't see anything in there that
indicates that the caption is part of the field code.

Any ideas?