Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Default Database Field Code Clobbers Caption

You do not need to select the table to insert a caption. Just locate the
cursor below the table and click on the References tab of the ribbon and in
the Captions section, click on insert Caption. Your caption will then be
independent of the table.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"sisdog" wrote in message
I've got a {DATABASE} field code in my word 2007 doc and everything is
working well. When I hit F9 and update the field, any new data from
my database comes right in.

And I also figured out how to win the formatting battle. I added the
"\* MergeFormat" switch in the field code and now my table formatting
is maintained during a refresh.

My only problem is the table's caption. After creating the table I
highlighted it and right-clicked to choose the Insert Caption option.
After adding the caption is look great sitting underneath the table.
But when I Update the Field, the caption vanishes every time. Word is
definitely behaving as if the caption is part of the {DATABASE} field
code yet when I show the field code I don't see anything in there that
indicates that the caption is part of the field code.

Any ideas?