Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Default Automatic date removal

Sorry. I don't know what happened there. What I had commanded my fingers to
type was:

"Note the words "CREATE DATE". They mean exactly what they say: not the date
the field was created but the date the document was created."

I'll explain that away as my excitement of going away on holidays for two
weeks this Saturday!

Terry

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
note that is
the date the field was created not the date the document was created.

Not so: the CREATEDATE field reports the date the document was created, no
matter when the field is inserted.

http://word.mvps.org

"Terry Farrell" wrote in message
Note the words "CREATE DATE". They mean exactly what they say: note that
is the date the field was created not the date the document was created.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"kenppy" wrote in message
om...
This is fine in that it will correct the dates for future use.

The problem is that as soon as the document is opened the update
happens.
We need to know what the *original* date is.

The reason is that you have inserted a date field which shows the
system
date. What you need to do is change those date fields for createdate
fields - ALT+F9 change { DATE } or { TIME \@ "d MMM yyyy" } to {
CREATEDATE
\@ "d MMM yyyy" } then F9 and ALT+F9 - and change the date in your
letterhead template so that future letters based on it show the correct
dates. The switch \@ "d MMM yyyy" may be different at your location.