Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Tom Ferguson[_3_] Tom Ferguson[_3_] is offline

Default outline numbered list not auto-numbering

Quote:

I perceive myself as an intelligent person, but this application continues
baffle me almost every time I try to use it. It needs to be more
intuitive,
and I think the programmers need to anticipate problems users may have and
start developing applications the average user can actually use without
tearing their hair out.

Ron Johnson

Yes, indeed. "more intuitive" seems like a very good idea. To Microsoft as
well. They have and continue to undertake considerable research into what
can be done to make their software more intuitive. This effort includes a
'usability lab' where features are tested using both professional office
workers and ordinary Joes.

When doing that sort of thing, I am sure it soon becomes apparent that not
everyone's idea of 'intuitive' corresponds.

Well, OK. I digress. I didn't mean to write an defence of MS.

As other has suggested, you might find it easier to locate your thread if
you used a NNTP news reader.

Click on the link, and any such reader that is installed will be set up to
read this group. Additional configuration will be required if you want to
make or reply to posts.

NEWS://msnews.microsoft.com/microsof....word.newusers

Tom