Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default converting rtf files to word

If the document is in fact password-protected, you need the password to open
it.

On the other hand, if the document opens but displays only unreadable
symbols, it may be damaged. Another possibility is that the document wasn't
properly converted to another file format but that someone just changed the
filename extension. Changing it back should make it possible to open the
file again.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"jeffhughes" wrote in message

I have tried to convert the rtf files to my Microsoft word 2013 .doc
file, but it is saved as an encoded rtf file. I originally typed them
in word documents, then for some reason they were converted to rtf files
and saved in a different encoded file like below. How can I convert it
so that I can edit and turn in my work. There is also a window that pops
up to file convert to make it readable and I have tried every one. I
also tried saving it as a word document but the format was still like
below. Help!

̘o0-&3Y/ x$ @Lu9t sd4 u-" #
BWXLRbXiNJ/ Jkx`3Zd ~;ہ 1 * %*B
F qe ^&$$vTZ&r|w ]|((&.*#p`&럍%+Ypd4YIv