AlicePhoebe AlicePhoebe is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffhughes View Post
I have tried to convert the rtf files to my Microsoft word 2013 .doc file, but it is saved as an encoded rtf file. I originally typed them in word documents, then for some reason they were converted to rtf files and saved in a different encoded file like below. How can I convert it so that I can edit and turn in my work. There is also a window that pops up to file convert to make it readable and I have tried every one. I also tried saving it as a word document but the format was still like below. Help!

̘o0-&3Y/ x$ @Lu9t sd4 u-" # BWXLRbXiNJ/ Jkx`3Zd ~;ہ 1 * %*B
F qe ^&$$vTZ&r|w ]|((&.*#p`&럍%+Ypd4YIv
Hope it can help you:
Open the file with Word.
You can either use Word to open the RTF file.
Or you can open Word first and then open the RTF file using the Open menu option.

Click File. Select "Save as" from the the File menu or tab. This will open the "Save as" dialog box.

Change the format. Click the dropdown menu labeled "Save as type" and select "Word Document" (for Word 2007-2013), or Word 97-2003 Document for compatibility with older versions.

Save the file. A copy of the file will be made as the Word format that you specified. The original will still be in the same location in the original RTF format.