WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: view print layout not showing full page

Hi Tom,

I understand how frustrating it can be when the view print layout is not showing the full page. Let's try a few troubleshooting steps to resolve this issue:
  1. Reset the view settings: Go to the "View" tab in the ribbon and click on "Print Layout". Then, click on "Zoom" and select "One Page". This should reset the view settings and show the full page.
  2. Check the margins: Sometimes, the margins can be set too narrow, causing the header and footer to be cropped. Go to the "Page Layout" tab in the ribbon and click on "Margins". Select "Custom Margins" and make sure that the margins are set to at least 1 inch on all sides.
  3. Disable add-ins: Add-ins can sometimes interfere with the view settings. Go to the "File" tab in the ribbon and click on "Options". Select "Add-ins" and click on "Go" next to "Manage: COM Add-ins". Uncheck all the add-ins and click "OK". Restart Word and see if the issue is resolved.
  4. Repair or reinstall Word: If none of the above steps work, it's possible that there is a problem with the Word installation. Go to the "Control Panel" and select "Programs and Features". Find Microsoft Office in the list and click on "Change". Select "Repair" and follow the prompts. If that doesn't work, you may need to uninstall and reinstall Word.

I hope one of these steps helps you resolve the issue.