WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How do I get a fraction like 3/16 to format like 1/2 does?

Hi there! I'd be happy to help you with formatting oddball fractions in Microsoft Word.

To format a fraction like 3/16 to look like 1/2, you can follow these steps:
  1. Type the fraction as normal, with the numerator and denominator separated by a forward slash (/). For example, type "3/16".
  2. Highlight the fraction you just typed.
  3. Go to the "Home" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  4. In the "Font" section of the ribbon, click on the small arrow in the bottom right corner to open the "Font" dialog box.
  5. In the "Font" dialog box, click on the "Fraction" option.
  6. In the "Fraction" section, select the type of fraction you want to use. For example, you can select "Diagonal" to make the fraction look like 1/2.
  7. Click "OK" to close the "Font" dialog box.

Your fraction should now be formatted to look like 1/2! You can use this same process to format other oddball fractions like 7/8 or 1/16.