Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Auto Texts...

Note that neither AutoComplete nor F3 will work until you have typed four
*unique* characters. If all her AutoText entry names begin with the same
characters, then she'd have to type past those to get something unique.

"Duncan McC" wrote in message
In article ,
says...
Does she have a keyboard with an F Lock key?

I have confirmed she does not.

I searched for the F3 shortcut in my Word 2007 help, and nothing really
came up - found Alt-F3, Shift-F3 etc etc - but not F3 by itself.
(Remember she's using Office 2002 (XP) though).

As a workaround, she has relabelled her Auto-Text entries, so that say:
s = sometext

is now a bit longer, four chars min, say becomes:
sand = the text

And it now auto-prompts to complete the auto-text entry upon typing the
fourth character.

She'd still kinda like it to work the old way - and we are stumped as to
why the F3 key no longer 'forces' the autocomplete (or whatever it was
meant to do).

--
Duncan