Dave Neve

Hi

Thanks for the tip.

The splitting works ok but not the combining of tables.

A thick line remains where the two tables are combined and when I run
'sort', the words in the second table remain 'unsorted' and are not
incorporated into my main table (the first one)

Any ideas on this please
"Stefan Blom" a écrit dans le message de news:
To split a table, click Split Table on the Table menu.

To connect two tables, delete the paragraph mark that separates them.

If tables are separated not only by the paragraph mark but also by text,
you would of course have to delete that to -- or cut and paste it to a
different location.

You may want to display nonprinting marks so that you'll be able to see
paragraph marks. Click the "Show/Hide ¶" button on the Standard toolbar.
Paragraph marks will display as "¶":

|---|--|
| | |
|---|--|

|---|--|
| | |
|---|--|

Note that you cannot connect tables with text wrapping set (on the Table
tab of TableTable Properties).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Dave Neve" wrote in message
Hello

I can not see a button to split a table into two or to join two tables
into
one.

How is this done please? (just a pointer in the right direction should
be
enough unless it is complicated)

Thanks in advance

Dave