Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Kathy MacAthur Kathy MacAthur is offline

Default Repeated lines - top of page - in merge

Hi everyone- hoping someone can help.

I'm merging a long document (100-pages) using MS Word 2002 to a MS Access
database. Merge works well except on a couple of pages -- at the end of the
last line the last few words get repeated on the top of the following page.
To the reader it looks like a typo but it's not. When I view the merged
document in Word and skim over the pages quickly the repeat occurs but when
I "click" through the suspect pages slowly they correct themselves -- but
the pages always print incorrectly when spooled to a printer. I've tried
various settings for paragraph/line formatting such as widow/orphan settings
but no luck.

I have page numbers set and wonder if it's a pagination issue? Any help
would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Kathy