Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Richard Richard is offline

Default Missing tables and queries in mail merge

Our firm uses Office 2003 (Access and Word)

We have general database with client and other information that was
programmed by an outside firm.

I created several smaller databases with tables linked to this general db.

We have letters and forms where I want to use the information from these
smaller dbs to do a mail merge.

However, when I create the document and then try to link the recipients to
these smaller dbs, none of the linked tables or queries based on these linked
tables appear in the dialog box as data sources. The only tables and queries
that appear as choices are those tables unique to that smaller db and the
queries based on those tables.

Am I doing something wrong or is this just the way it is? Is there any
solution as I cannot create the necessary queries in the main db.

Rick