Jezebel

That's precisely the point. You're NOT doing a simple Copy and Paste. You're
embedding the Excel data AS AN EXCEL OBJECT. Hence the size blow-out -- as
Suzanne explained, you're embedding a whole heap of Excel stuff along with
your actual data.

Try one of PasteSpecial's text options, if you really want simple.

"thebob" wrote in message
Actually, I'm doing a simple Copy & Paste of selected cells from Excel to
Word. Why does it cause Word to bloat?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

If you're inserting it as an OLE object, then you're in effect embedding
all
the Excel functionality into Word.

so
all may benefit.

"thebob" wrote in message
I'm sorry Jezebel; the answer to your question is:
Using Paste Special I selected Paste: & Microsoft Excel Worksheet
Object

If I use HTML it truncates the Excel table.

I don't understand that if Office is all supposed to be OLE, why does a

200k
Excel table turn into a 2Mb beast in Word?

"Jezebel" wrote:

OK, so what option DID you use?

"thebob" wrote in message
I did not link it to the original. It doesn't need to auto-update
from
Excel.
It's a report; attendance listing.

"Jezebel" wrote:

Which option did you choose when using Paste Special?

"thebob" wrote in message
My 213k Ecxel table bloats my 105k Word Doc to 2.5Mb - Why? I've

tried
copy &
paste, copy & paste special. Both still bloat the Doc. Help!