Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Default Baselines of fonts at the same height

I find that they align properly for me if I set the alignment to Bottom and
use the same Exact line spacing for all cells.

http://word.mvps.org

"Jean-Guy Marcil" wrote in message
pnumminen was telling us:
pnumminen nous racontait que :

Two adjacent cells contain text of different sizes. In Word 2003 and
2007, is there a way to vertically place the texts so that the
baselines of the fonts will be at exactly the same height?

Illustration:
http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/6968/cells.gif

The Wikipedia article about the baseline:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baseline_(typography)

I do not think that you can do that automatically.

Different fonts and different font size use a different space below the
base line for the space needed for "p", "q" , "j" etc.

You will have to play with the cell internal margins manually, or
paragraph space before/after, as I suspect you have been doing.

--
Jean-Guy Marcil