Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Copy and Paste text and font formatting

It sounds as if either you're not pressing Shift hard enough or you've got
Ctrl+Shift+C assigned to EditCopy instead of CopyFormat. Formats should not
be visible on the Office Clipboard, so what you're seeing is copied text.

"Epinn" wrote in message
news
Hi,

(1) I still don't know how to bring back the edit options icon if I
press enter accidentally. Pastespecial doesn't have the same choices.

(2) If I do ctrl+shift+C, the text goes to the clipboard. When I click
that item on the clipboard, I paste the *text* but not the *formatting
font*.
How can I copy the font formatting once and paste that repetitively?

Can someone help please? Thank you.

"Robert M. Franz (RMF)" wrote:

Hi Epinn

Epinn wrote:
(1) When I try to paste text, the paste options icon appears. If I
accidentally press enter, it will disappear. Is there a quick way

(e.g.
function key) to bring it back so that I can select my options?

(2) I am glad that I have learned ctrl+shift+c and ctrl+shift+v for
copy/paste font formatting. I would like to know if there is only

**one**
clipboard for both text and font formatting. I can use "edit" etc. to

invoke
the clipboard, right? Is there another way using keystrokes/function

key
etc.?

Yes, there is only one clipboard AFAIK.

Maybe Edit | Paste Special is what you are looking for? It doesn't have
a default keyboard shortcut (other than the Alt key combinations to
select the menu first, I guess). You could assign it any one you like
yourself, though (Tools | Customize, Keyboard, Edit ... PasteSpecial

....).

HTH
Robert
--