Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Daiya Mitchell

Default Table of contents

If you want the equivalent of clickable expandable triangles, rather like
you might see in Help or on the web, Word doesn't really offer that as a
feature for finished documents.

You can achieve a similiar effect by using the Document Map, as CyberTaz
said, or by using Outline View, assuming your document is set up using
styles.
http://shaunakelly.com/word/documentmap/index.html
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/UsingOLView.htm

If you want others to be able to do the same thing, without telling them how
to change their view options in Word, see the instructions for faking it
he
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Toggle_Data_Display.htm

On 3/13/06 12:06 PM, "tr711" wrote:

Hi,
I have a question about microsoft word. What I would like to do, is
create a table of contents, and from there, beable to click on one of the
subjects in the table of contents and have it put the information after the
table of contents. Right now, I have a table of contents that looks like this:

1.) Subject 1
2.) Subject 2
3.) Subject 3 (When Clicked)
The information from this section of the table of contents displays
here and not underneath the remainder of the table of contents.
4.) Subject 4
5.) Subject 5

I want the information displayed when you click on the subject in the
table of contents to be displayed after the remainder of the table of
contents, so I can click a certain amount of subjects, and have them all
displayed one after another below the table of contents and not in the middle.
Thanks

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/